We are looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator with skills in story telling, audience building, branding, and design/layout.
Intermediate (2 years+)
Diploma/Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Number of Positions:
Job Posting Overview
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications Coordinator with skills in story telling, audience building, branding, and design/layout. You would be assisting our team with in-house and client projects, working on an array of tasks such as web content creation, press release production, building brand guidelines, and drafting advertising campaigns. This position is a good fit for someone who is deadline driven, able to prioritize multiple projects, and has a passion and desire to improve businesses through effective marketing and branding.
Mobility Quotient (MQ) is a digital agency that creates award-winning apps, websites and software solutions for our international list of clients. MQ has been in business for over 10 years. We have worked with Venture Capital, Automotive, Healthcare, Media and many other verticals to create technical solutions that transform how our clients succeed. We also have a suite of in-house projects including JustBeer, JustWine and SokoLocal.
As a service provider our work is often graded on performance for our clients – if you’re interested in data-driven outcomes, if you love technology, and you operate with a sense of urgency, then this may be the ideal position for you.
Tasks & Job Requirements
- Work closely with the CEO and members of the leadership team to create and execute marketing campaigns and brand-building assets.
- Contribute to the product design and development teams to fill in gaps on web content and app text, such as copy, app store messaging, and training materials as needed.
- Write interesting editorial articles, stories, and follow a monthly content calendar for news and social updates. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, creative and passionate – not just about their work, but also about creating content that fosters audience growth and engagement.
- Create, schedule, and manage web campaigns for advertising across digital and print.
- Edit existing web content, and review business documents for grammar, formatting, and tone.
- Ability to self-manage projects with attention to detail, while balancing shifting priorities and deadlines.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary education related to marketing, communications, or public relations programs.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience within a marketing and communications department.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft platforms (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with time-sensitive deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
- Positive, customer-first attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Additional experience (optional) - tell us if you have experience with:
- Adobe’s design suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop),
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and/or Search Engine Marketing (SEM),
- Audience building tools (MailChimp, Hootsuite, etc), or
- Content Management Systems (CMS), like WordPress
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter, and link to your portfolio (if available – alternatively, attach 3-5 samples of work with your application).
Applications for this position must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Application for MarComm Coordinator'.
Mobility Quotient (MQ) is a full-service digital agency based in Calgary, Alberta. We provide digital strategy, software development, marketing and design services to innovate and solve the business challenges of our global client base. Operating for over 10 years, our clients come from various industries including automotive, retail, media, publishing, tech and finance. Our recipe for success is simple: we work diligently with our clients to understand their business needs, challenges and goals. Then we create a best-fit strategy that works within their designated budget and act to enhance their revenue opportunities, accelerate project implementation, curate elegant solutions to complex problems, and most importantly to achieve their goals. We offer our skills and services to businesses who desire progress, efficiency and change. We design. We code. We build and support digital brands.
Our team has worked on a variety of digital projects, ranging from small WordPress websites for start-up businesses to large-scale, connected digital ecosystems (comprised of massive websites, mobile apps, numerous properties, multiple third-party platforms, and custom-built features) for global digital publishers who serve millions of daily users. Our notable client base includes two widely known digital publishers which serve millions of daily readers in the United States: A $7 billion-dollar global automotive leader whose executive team required fast-tracked workflow optimization and mobile development, and a New York-based private equity team who relied on MQ for their three largest acquisitions and subsequent profitable turnarounds. Our technical proficiency, along with our ability to integrate with existing development processes and technologies, is what sets MQ apart from many other agencies. Our commitment, dedication and experience are why management and development teams grow to trust and rely on us to transform their business.
Incorporated in 2009, Mobility Quotient has been helping corporate teams and leaders achieve success through a solution-oriented approach to technology & software development. From their first client in early 2010 to the launch of in-house products like JustBeer, MQ has serviced over 80 clients, worked collaboratively with over five fortune-100 companies and developed multiple websites and apps which currently serves over 75 million monthly users around the world.