Diploma or Degree in a Computer-Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Number of Positions:
MQ is seeking a Full-Time Mobile Developer who is passionate about building and creating performant mobile apps on iOS and Android platforms and can work collaboratively with our talented team to help create custom mobile solutions and be at the forefront of helping our clients lead in their industry by using digital solutions to solve complex challenges.
The candidates we are searching for should display extensive knowledge and experience with:
- Objective C/Swift
- XCode, Android Studio, VS Code and/or JetBrains Suite of Products
- Google Play Store/Apple App Store and their mobile testing and deployment processes
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- OOP design principles
- RESTful API creation and integration
- Solid understanding of the mobile development life cycle from end to end
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with our team of project leads, designers, and developers to build a variety of industry-leading mobile apps.
- Ability to self-manage projects with attention to detail, deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Participate in daily code reviews and perform extensive testing to ensure code meets expected quality.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, upgrades, support and enhancements to existing client applications.
- Remain current with the developments, terminology, concepts and best practices for the development of mobile applications.
- Minimum of 3+ years of demonstrable experience
- Fundamental knowledge of core mobile principles (UI implementation, iOS and/or Android application development frameworks, Restful APIs)
- Basic understanding of iOS app deployment procedures. (Store deployment, Enterprise deployment, certificates, provisioning profiles)
- Prior experience with Cross-Platform Mobile Frameworks (React Native, Ionic and/or Flutter) is an asset
- Experience with third-party libraries and consuming APIs within the mobile ecosystem
- Ability and flexibility to perform in a team environment
- Excellent analytical skills with an excellent problem-solving attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Experience with distributed version control systems and associated tools
- Prior experience with push messaging technologies in Android (GCM/FCM) and iOS (APNS); preference will be given to candidates with experience in both
- Strong testing, diagnosing and debugging skills
- Experience with offline/online device storage and retrieval
Applications for this position must be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line 'Mobile App Developer Application'
Mobility Quotient (MQ) is a full-service digital agency based in Calgary, Alberta. We provide digital strategy, software development, marketing and design services to innovate and solve the business challenges of our global client base. Operating for over 10 years, our clients come from various industries including automotive, retail, media, publishing, tech and finance.
Our recipe for success is simple: we work diligently with our clients to understand their business needs, challenges and goals. Then we create a best-fit strategy that works within their designated budget and act to enhance their revenue opportunities, accelerate project implementation, curate elegant solutions to complex problems, and most importantly to achieve their goals. We offer our skills and services to businesses who desire progress, efficiency and change.
We design. We code. We build and support digital brands.
Our team has worked on a variety of digital projects, ranging from small WordPress websites for start-up businesses to large-scale, connected digital ecosystems (comprised of massive websites, mobile apps, numerous properties, multiple third-party platforms, and custom-built features) for global digital publishers who serve millions of daily users.
Our notable client base includes two widely known digital publishers which serve millions of daily readers in the United States: A $7 billion-dollar global automotive leader whose executive team required fast-tracked workflow optimization and mobile development, and a New York based private equity team who relied on MQ for their three largest acquisitions and subsequent profitable turnarounds.
Our technical proficiency, along with our ability to integrate with existing development processes and technologies, is what sets MQ apart from many other agencies. Our commitment, dedication and experience are why management and development teams grow to trust and rely on us to transform their business.
Incorporated in 2009, Mobility Quotient has been helping corporate teams and leaders achieve success through a solution-oriented approach to technology & software development. From their first client in early 2010 to the launch of in-house products like JustBeer, MQ has serviced over 80 clients, worked collaboratively with over five fortune-100 companies and developed multiple websites and apps which currently serves over 75 million monthly users around the world.