Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Number of Positions:
Job Posting Overview
Mobility Quotient (MQ) is a digital agency that creates award-winning apps, websites and software solutions for our international list of clients. We have worked with Venture Capital, Automotive, Healthcare, Media and many other verticals to create technical solutions that transform how our clients succeed. We also have a suite of in-house projects including JustBeer and SokoLocal. MQ has been in business for over 10 years and 2022 is projected to be our biggest year yet with over 20 planned projects.
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Project Manager to help us organize and maintain project efficiency and excellence. To succeed in this position, you must be a dynamic project manager with experience guiding, planning and organizing projects for both stakeholders and the software production team. Superior communication, relationship building, and conflict resolution skills are paramount for this role. If you thrive in a face-paced environment working on multiple projects, this could be the opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage multiple projects, starting with client meetings and requirements gathering, to organizing our development timelines across project leads, designers, and developers.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Manage project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, and communication.
- Take project requirements to define project scope and estimate the level of effort (LOE) required by various teams.
- Identify deliverables and related dependencies within a project, often within the context of a technical project.
- Understand and document business needs to identify the key business drivers and requirements.
- Regularly meet with and report progress to clients, key stakeholders and internal C-suite.
- Manage client and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure stakeholders are engaged in the delivery of project objectives and deliverables including strategies associated with user testing, communications, training and implementation and continually managing project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team leads to implement effective strategies to increase performance, well-being and company productivity.
- Act as Scrum Master for the development team.
- Develop, manage and monitor risks and issues, while proactively addressing and escalating these to ensure timely resolution.
WHAT YOU OFFER
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years in technical project management, software product management, operations, or related role.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is considered an asset.
- Proactive, results-oriented and operates with a sense of urgency.
- Strong interpersonal skills. An ability to interact with clients and stakeholders of various levels, to organize and prioritize goals and requirements.
- Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused on operational effectiveness and effective project management.
- Experience creating workflows and generating business process documentation.
- Comfortable pushing projects and task timelines to completion.
- Ability to work independently with strong judgement.
- Ability to adjust priorities as needed while managing a diverse and full workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with MS Office suite and experienced with PM planning software like Smartsheets, Rally and the Atlassian suite is a bonus.
Applications for this position must be submitted to email@example.com with the subject line 'Application for Project Manager (PM)'
Mobility Quotient (MQ) is a full-service digital agency based in Calgary, Alberta. We provide digital strategy, software development, marketing and design services to innovate and solve the business challenges of our global client base. Operating for over 10 years, our clients come from various industries including automotive, retail, media, publishing, tech and finance. Our recipe for success is simple: we work diligently with our clients to understand their business needs, challenges and goals. Then we create a best-fit strategy that works within their designated budget and act to enhance their revenue opportunities, accelerate project implementation, curate elegant solutions to complex problems, and most importantly to achieve their goals. We offer our skills and services to businesses who desire progress, efficiency and change. We design. We code. We build and support digital brands.
Our team has worked on a variety of digital projects, ranging from small WordPress websites for start-up businesses to large-scale, connected digital ecosystems (comprised of massive websites, mobile apps, numerous properties, multiple third-party platforms, and custom-built features) for global digital publishers who serve millions of daily users. Our notable client base includes two widely known digital publishers which serve millions of daily readers in the United States: A $7 billion-dollar global automotive leader whose executive team required fast-tracked workflow optimization and mobile development, and a New York-based private equity team who relied on MQ for their three largest acquisitions and subsequent profitable turnarounds. Our technical proficiency, along with our ability to integrate with existing development processes and technologies, is what sets MQ apart from many other agencies. Our commitment, dedication and experience are why management and development teams grow to trust and rely on us to transform their business.
Incorporated in 2009, Mobility Quotient has been helping corporate teams and leaders achieve success through a solution-oriented approach to technology & software development. From their first client in early 2010 to the launch of in-house products like JustBeer, MQ has serviced over 80 clients, worked collaboratively with over five fortune-100 companies and developed multiple websites and apps which currently serves over 75 million monthly users around the world.