Audits are a functional way we help you benchmark how your business is performing, they’re a method to align your goals with future strategies, and they’re a tool to pinpoint problems that may be blocking the success of an existing campaign or project.
Let’s say you have an existing project that’s just not performing as well as you’d hoped. You’re looking for innovative ways to have it align with your goals and need a fresh perspective. This is when you’d call in an auditor.
What is an audit?
Unlike a blueprint, a planning and design document for a new project, audits are technical assessments of existing projects or processes. Internal audits are a practical way to help you benchmark how your business and projects are performing. They’re a method to align your goals with future strategies. They’re a tool to pinpoint problems that may be blocking the success of an existing campaign project.
Why do I need an audit?
You may be wondering if an audit is necessary for your business or project and how exactly it’ll position you to reach your goals. An audit will give you a better grasp of “what is” and “what isn’t” within your projects or campaigns. Audits work like a lie - detector test and can give your team a level - set that allows you all to see, understand and address potential problems collectively. The challenge comes when you are unaware of “gremlins,” and instead of driving your team toward success, you’re always crisis managing.
Our clients rely on audits for a multitude of reasons; however, it generally comes down to one (or all three) of the following reasons: They want a competitive advantage. The digital space, software development, and technology are continually changing – and that makes it hard for corporations to stay ahead, especially if their teams get bogged down in day - to - day maintenance and firefights. We have observed that people can easily get caught in a rut of doing lots of work, but not advancing the bottom line or achieving their goals.
Where do I start?
Whether it's your first time receiving an audit or one of many, our team will walk you through the auditing process and thoroughly identify your business needs and goals. With over 10 years of auditing experience, MQ performs professional project assessments in an array of areas; which include:
- Code Reviews, Database & Technical Audits
- Branding, Marketing & Digital Advertising Audits
- Content Planning & Audience Development Benchmarking
- UX & UI Reviews
- Website & SEO Audits
- Business Process & Turnaround Management Advisory
The Auditing Process
At MQ, we keep our audit procedure as simple and straightforward as possible while focusing on your personal needs and desired outcomes.
- We understand your struggles and goals; we get into the technical details – it generally requires access to code fragments, a production or staging environment, as well as existing campaigns, and the performance of those projects.
- We do a deep dive with our skills and tools. We evaluate where there are obvious problems, we define possible solutions, and we give you a multi-tier option for the next steps on a per-problem basis.
- We provide your team gets a document of summary and evaluation with multiple opportunities to solve each problem area.
- Lastly, we offer our skills and solutions to help you resolve those issues, or in many cases, you can take that back to your current team or your existing vendor and have them make the appropriate adjustments.
Our goal is to provide insight and translate the complexities to something more tangible and actionable for you and your team. Your stakeholders need to know, “Will it work? What do we need to improve? Is this the best option to achieve our goals?” – and we can help answer those questions for you. See our audit case studies >