Unlike a blueprint, which is a planning and design document for a new project, audits are technical assessments of existing projects or processes. Audits are a functional way we help you benchmark how your business is performing, they’re a method to align your goals with future strategies, and they’re a tool to pinpoint problems that may be blocking the success of an existing campaign or project. MQ does professional audits for an array of needs; those include:
- Code Reviews, Database & Technical Audits
- Branding, Marketing & Digital Advertising Audits
- Content Planning & Audience Development Benchmarking
- UX & UI Reviews
- Website & SEO Audits
- Business Process & Turnaround Management Advisory
WHY DO I NEED AN AUDIT?
You might not NEED an audit, but it will give you a better grasp on “what is” and “what isn’t” within your projects or campaigns. Audits work like a lie-detector test and they can give your team a level-set that allows you all to collectively see, understand and address potential problems. The challenge comes when you are unaware of “gremlins” and instead of driving your team toward success, you’re constantly crisis managing.
Our clients rely on audits for a multitude of reasons; however, it generally comes down to one (or all three) of the following reasons:
- They want the competitive advantage. The digital space, software development, and technology are constantly changing – and that makes it hard for corporations to stay ahead, especially if their teams get bogged down in day-to-day maintenance and firefights. We have observed that people can easily get caught in a rut of doing lots of work, but not advancing the bottom line or achieving their goals. Having a third-party like MQ come in and review a process or project, gives those teams a second opinion along with a wealth of experience and knowledge to help guide their next steps, and that really gives them an advantage over their competition.
- They want an unfiltered but clear snapshot of a project or business process. Sometimes the world of tech can be convoluted with a hundred thousand abbreviations and acronyms, and not every person in a business can be an expert at everything. Often too, highly successful individuals have unique skills, but it’s not technology, or marketing, or they’re coding experts. For these individuals or teams with knowledge gaps, MQ can provide insight and translate the complexities to something more tangible and actionable. Your stakeholders need to know, “Will it work? What do we need to improve? Is this the best option in order to achieve our goals?” – and we can help answer those questions for you.
- They want professional guidance from experts. In software development, marketing and business management there are many self-proclaimed experts – and some of those are “bad actors” who may have the best intentions, but possibly might not have enough experience to provide the most accurate direction or advice. MQ has the experience to offer that guidance; we’ve successfully deployed platforms and campaigns that service over 65M people per month, we’ve worked with brands like Sony Pictures, Wells Fargo, AOL, Bridgestone, CoxAutomotive, and we’ve even helped private equity teams pivot newly acquired businesses into successful technology-based industry leaders. This confidence and experience sets us apart from many other agencies and it’s why our clients trust and rely on MQ to advance their teams, their projects, and their business.
WHAT DOES THE AUDIT PROCESS INVOLVE?
We try to keep it as simple as possible, while focusing on your personal needs and your desired outcomes. Once we understand your struggles and goals, we get into the technical details – it generally requires access to code fragments, a production or staging environment, as well as existing campaigns, and performance of those projects. Then we do a deep dive with our skills and tools. We evaluate where there are obvious problems, we define possible solutions, and we give you a multi-tier option for next steps on a per-problem basis. At the end your team gets a document of summary and evaluation with multiple options to solve each problem area.
After that, we generally can offer our skills to help you resolve those issues, or in many cases you can take that back to your current team, or your existing vendor and have them make the appropriate adjustments.
Who's used it?
If you're interested in more information on how Audits can help you, get in touch with us! A member of our team will get back to you with answers to your questions or to set up an appointment.